Before you go
· Have your items already packaged for swapping
- Put into jars/bags
- Label your goods!
- Think in terms of swapability when it comes to portion sizes. Even if your cupcakes are amazing, it will be hard to swap just one cupcake!
Bringing snacks/samples to share?
Great! Make sure to bring any serving utensils/platters you might need. Please label them on the bottom to make sure you get them back.
At the swap
· Check in with Di & Adele and pick up your swap cards.
· Fill out your swap cards, you will need one card for each type of item you have.
- E.g. if you have 3 jars each of 2 kinds of jam, you need 2 cards.
· Put your snacks/samples out and be sure to label them!
· Eat some snacks, have a drink, and peruse what others have brought.
· You are welcome to start putting your name/items down on anyone else’s card at any time, just wait to make trades until the hosts open up the swap floor.
How to swap
· If you see an item you want, write your name on the item’s card. You can include what you’re willing to trade, if you want.
· About 1 hour after the swap begins, it will be time to trade!
· There are two main methods:
- Head back to your item and seek out the people who signed up for yours, then negotiate.
- Seek out the people whose items you signed up for, then negotiate.
· If your trade is successful, be sure to give your item to the person right away
- Make sure to take your new goodies as well!
- If you’ve traded all your items, be sure to remove your swap card from the table.
- Removing items helps people know how much is left available to trade.
After the swap
· Join our Facebook page to receive updates on our next swap, and to keep in touch with your fellow swappers! (https://www.facebook.com/groups/SeafordFoodSwap/)
· Please share your photos of your favourite items!